Archstorming, an architectural platform that organizes international competitions, has released the results for the Tulum Plastic School contest. In fact, participants were challenged to design a school made of recycled plastic, tackling the current issue of pollution in Mexico.
Latest projects in Argentina
Latest news in Argentina
Vienna, Austria has been ranked as the city with the best quality of life in the world for ten consecutive years. The ranking made by multinational consultancy Mercer is dominated by Western European cities in the highest positions, while Vancouver, Canada reached third place, becoming the highest-ranking city in North America for the last 10 years.
ELEMENTAL, the architecture office led by Alejandro Aravena, has proposed a solution to the physical integration of Villa 31 in the city of Buenos Aires. The building includes a raised linear park that aims to be the new headquarters for the Southern Cone of the Inter-American Development Bank Group and to facilitate access of the residents of the neighborhood to other areas of the city.
Located in the central region of Argentina, the historic city of Córdoba is the second most populated city in the country; which means it can be considered an important center for culture, education, and finance. Its dense historic center is characterized by the presence of brick -a product of the work of Togo Díaz- and the particular landscape that links the urban with the natural, resulting in an exclusive atmosphere that invites us to walk its streets.
As part of our 2018 Venice Architecture Biennale coverage, we present the completed Argentinian Pavilion. Below, the curatorial team describes the exhibition in their own words.
Horizontal Vertigo, Argentinian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale 2018, delves into the notions of humanity and democratic spirit as proposed by Freespace, by establishing a cross-cutting dialog between geography, place, and architecture.
Mercer, the multinational consultancy recently announced that Vienna, Austria has been ranked as the city with the best quality of life in the world, for the ninth year in a row. In a ranking that is dominated by European cities in the highest positions, this year Vancouver (5th), Singapore (25th) and Port Louis (83rd) are the highest-ranking cities in North America, Asia, and Africa, respectively.
French designer, Nathanaël Abeille's metalized pieces in 'Proyecto Reflexión' shows how a building could reflect sunlight and share it with another building in some of the narrow spaces of Villa 21 de Barracas, Buenos Aires. These "metal bricks" came about as a combined team effort with architects Francisco Ribero and journalist Cecilia Fortunato.
Results have been announced for the 5th Global LafargeHolcim Awards for Sustainable Construction, with three women-led teams awarded the gold, silver, and bronze positions. The design competition asked participants to speculate on future methods of balancing environmental performance, social responsibility and economic growth, “exemplifying architectural excellence and a high degree of transferability.”
Even in the age of instant information, museums enthrall us. Lining the tourist guidebooks of cities across the world, art museums are a must-see destination for visitors and locals alike. However, as our methods of communication and archiving change, driven by science and innovation, historic institutions such as art museums must keep up.
Loading... It could take a few seconds
Popular categories in Argentina
- House in Martindale Country Club / Alric Galindez Arquitectos
- Casa Viguet / NdC Arquitectura
- View House / Johnston Marklee
- Waterfall House / Andres Remy Arquitectos
- Orchid House / Andres Remy Arquitectos See all »
- VOL House / Estudio BaBo
- Casa Vlady: House Refurbishment / BVW Arquitectos
- Emilio Caraffa Fine Arts Museum / GGMPU Arquitectos + Lucio Morini
- Hotel ME San Telmo / Estudio Rietti Smud
- PCF House / Pérez Cepeda, Francesconi See all »
- Clay 2928 / Dieguez Fridman
- Conesa 4560 Building / Adamo-Faiden
- Once Building / Adamo-Faiden
- Flashback: Residential Building in Rosario / Rafael Iglesia
- EEUU 4263 Building / BAK Arquitectos See all »
- CCDH Office / Ignacio Montaldo Arquitectos
- Transportation Workers Union Headquarters / Franco Piccini and Carlos A. Piccini
- Textiles del Sur Offices / Ana Smud
- Afip Offices in Pehuajó / Alberto Varas & Asociados
- BSAS Geodesy Directorate Historical Archive / SMF Arquitectos See all »