With their latest facade construction, Iranian architecture firm Sstudiomm explores the potential that brick can offer by utilizing parametric architecture. Instead of relying on unique construction elements for assembly on-site at a later date, in their new project (called, in full, "Negative Precision. On-Site Fabrication of a Parametric Brick Facade // A DIY for Architects") the firm considers how a simple mass-produced element like the brick can be assembled in unique ways by taking advantage of digital technology. While firms like Gramazio Kohler have already developed industrial methods of assembling brickwork following parametric designs, Sstudiomm aims for a more lo-fi approach, creating parametric brick walls using little more than the traditional construction methods found in Iran and a dose of ingenuity.
Latest projects in Iran
Latest news in Iran
The winner of a competition for a mixed-use building scheme, London-based Kamvari Architects has unveiled the design for Zartosht, a 300,000 square-foot retail and office building in Tehran, Iran. The building's design is based largely on local cultural contexts, like the region’s reputation for renowned fabric and textile shops, and environmentalism, particularly with respect to solar energy.
For generations, nature has been held up as something to respect, to take inspiration from, to place at the center of architecture. Few new designs today are complete without some visualized parkland or tree placed implausibly high up on the latest visionary high rise development. But what do you do when nature ups and leaves? How can architecture respond? That’s the question that Mateusz Pospiech’s master’s thesis, completed at the Silesian University of Technology, attempts to answer by taking the severe example of the disappearance of Iran’s Zayanderud River and proposing the equally incredible solution: an enormous, six-kilometer-long ecologically sustainable megastructure along the dried riverbed, healing the scar both in the landscape and in the minds of Iranians.
Loading... It could take a few seconds
Popular categories in Iran
- Villa For a friend / Razan Text & Context
- Amir Villa / Next Office–Alireza Taghaboni
- Villa In Darvishabad / Pouya Khazaeli Parsa
- Bamboo Structure Project / Pouya Khazaeli Parsa
- Villa Kiani / Makan Rahmanian and Kamran Heirati See all »
- Around Fireplace / Ruetemple
- Benois House / nps tchoban voss
- V Confession Agency Office / M17
- Kaveh House Renovation in Tehran / Pargar Architecture and Design Studio
- Garage CCC Education Center / FORM Bureau See all »
- Andarzgoo Residential Building / Ayeneh Office
- Danial / Reza Sayadian and Sara Kalantary
- Villa Residential Apartment / Arsh [4D] Studio
- 144 House Apartment / Ali Sodagaran + Nazanin Kazerounian
- BW7 / ARAD See all »