When faced with a wall with over 30 years of history, rather than paint it white, as we usually do, Michael Losh shared with us his idea to take the memory of their collective studio and frame it, creating a dialogue between art and architecture.
Architecture from Portugal
Latest projects in Portugal
Latest news in Portugal
Eduardo Souto de Moura (born 25 July 1952), the Portuguese architect that won the 2011 Pritzker Prize, is known for designs that are formally simple yet serious and at times, dramatic, created through his thoughtful use of colors and materials. His architecture is both versatile and consistent, contextual yet universal, and rarely affected by current trends or styles.
As part of ArchDaily's coverage of the 2016 Venice Biennale, we are presenting a series of articles written by the curators of the exhibitions and installations on show.
Loading... It could take a few seconds
Popular categories in Portugal
- Shelter in Montaria / Carvalho Araújo
- Padre Botte House / CNLL
- House in Salineiras / RVdM Arquitectos
- House in Falcoeiras / RVdM Arquitectos
- Paramos House / Atelier Nuno Lacerda Lopes See all »
- Boavista School / José Marini Bragança
- Renovation And Extension Of The German School In Lisbon / JLCG Arquitectos
- Apartment Rehabilitation in Lisbon / Bruno Pica & Carla Pica
- House In Avintes / Gisela Silva Monteiro
- Fonte Da Luz / Barbosa & Guimarães See all »
- Matosinhos Housing / A2G Arquitectura
- 07CMM / Spaceworkers
- HDC in Monte Gordo / Saraiva + Associados
- Day Care and Elderly Residential Centre / CVDB arquitectos
- 227 Flat / OODA See all »
- Companies Incubator / Contemporânea
- Mar do Oriente / Aires Mateus
- Logistics Complex of SIC Network in Carnaxide / Marco Rocha
- More Photographs of Eduardo Souto de Moura's Burgo Tower / 2011 Pritzker laureate Eduardo Souto de Moura.
- Office Park Expo / NLA - Nuno Leónidas Arquitectos See all »