A few months ago, Korean artist Jazoo Yang completed her most recent piece, titled “Dots: Motgol 66.” The work covered a home set for demolition in the small Korean village of Motgol, Busan with Yang’s thumbprint. Working from October 9th to 29th, for 4-5 hours a day, 3 days a week, “Motgol 66” was the first time Yang was able to realize her project goal, with two previous incidents of homes being demolished early.
South Korean Architecture
Latest projects in South Korea
Latest news in South Korea
NOW Architects and Grimshaw have been selected to design "LetsRun Park" - a new home for horseracing in the South Korean city of Yeongcheon. Selected through an international competition by the Korea Racing Authority and International Union of Architects, the team's masterplan calls for new racecourse and equine-themed family park on the 148 hectare site.
The winners of the Sejongdaero Competition to masterplan the former National Tax Service building site in Seoul, Korea have been announced. The competition called for entries that not only addressed the site, but also the underground area of Sejongdaero and the old city area of Seoul. The jury was looking specifically for entries that addressed the many layers of culture and history in the area, promoting a new vision for the future.
Loading... It could take a few seconds
Popular categories in South Korea
- 50m2 House / OBBA
- Cheolmin's Jip-soori / Moohoi Architecture Studio
- Blind Whale / Z_Lab
- House in Gyopyeong-Ri / Studio Origin
- Z-house / Hohyun Park + Hyunjoo Kim See all »
- German School Seoul Auditorium Renovation / Daniel Valle Architects
- zeep-soori of Professor Kim’s House / Moohoi Architecture
- Casa Geometrica / JOHO Architecture
- Stardom Entertainment Office / Yeonghwan Lim + Sunhyun Kim
- H&M Seoul Hongdae Store / Yeonghwan Lim + Sunhyun Kim See all »
- Seongbuk Gate Hills / Joel Sanders + Haeahn Architecture
- S-Trenue Tower / Mass Studies
- Zenith / DeStefano Partners
- Lotus Haus / SMART ARCHITECTURE
- Sugar Lump / UTAA See all »