Zaha Hadid Architects, SOM, Ian Simpson Architects, Manuelle Gautrand Architects, and Wingårdhs Arkitektkontor are all competing to design what will be the tallest tower in Scandinavia. Submitted anonymously, the five shortlisted proposals have just been unveiled by Serneke, who has envisioned the skyscraper as an integral piece to a larger 32,000 square meter mixed-use masterplan in Gothenburg that has been in the making for more than ten years.
Check out each shortlisted design, after the break...
Proposal #1: “Ursa” (214 meters)
Proposal #2: “Svall” (231 meters)
Proposal #3: “Glasklart” (202 meters)
Proposal #4: “Polstjärnan” (230 meters)
Proposal #5: “Kyssen” (215 meters)
- Christer Malmström (Architect)
- Louise Masreliez (Architect)
- City Planning Gothenburg Bjorn Siesjö (City Architect)
- Anders Svensson (Architect, City Planning and Älvstadsprojektet)
- Älvstrandens Development AB Olle Lindqvist (Special Projects)
- Staffan Bolminger (Environmental Manager)
- Serneke Group AB Ola Serneke (CEO)
- Alban Herlitz (Project Development)
A winner will be announced in mid-June.
News and images via Serneke.