- Design Team : Cheng Tsung FENG
- Organizer : Pingtung County Government
- Executive Unit : Cultural Affairs Department of Pingtung County Government
- Implementer : Jollify LTD
- Project Host : Daniel WONG
- Curator : Derjk WU, Mikael Fock
- Artist : Cheng Tsung FENG
- Project Designer : Wei Chun LIN, Chi Yun CHEN
- Wooden Structure : Yumu Manufacture & Research
- Project Manager : Peggy CHEN
- Project Assistant : Tzu Yen CHUANG
- Electric Power Manager : Wei Meng CHUANG
- Video Editor : Chieh Wei Cho
- Advisor : Ministry of Transportation and Communications
- Crane Engineering : Yifeng Engineering
- City : Donggang
- Country : China
Text description provided by the architects. Artist Cheng Tsung FENG contrives a symbolic pavilion with wood constructions. Through the white sails harmoniously intertwined among the structure, he interprets the image of many sailboats gathering at the harbor as if an enormous sculptural entity embodies the enchanting scenery from the Donggang coast.
By way of building the Sailing Castle for attractions to people, FENG depicts the phenomenon that fishermen and boats sailing off and making homeward voyages as people entering the installation. The interaction among people and the Sailing Castle is a representation of the prosperity of the fishery industry, communal unity, expectation, and joy.
The shape of the Sailing Castle manifests the architectural attributes of local and traditional culture in Donggang via its modern art form. In the motif of FENG, the Sailing Castle is endowed with the qualities of temples, churches, and shrines. Furthermore, it furnishes audiences with distinctive charismas from day to night.
‘Get on board, set sails, in the breeze, towards the sea. We are about to heading outwards with bravery; we will safely return as well.’ said FENG.