- Area : 320 m²
- Year : 2010
Photographs :Francisco Nogueira
- Design Team : Andreia Salavessa, Tiago Mota Saraiva, Vera João, Ana Luísa Cunha, Rita Aguiar Rodrigues, Carine Pimenta, João Afonso Almeida, Mariana Simões, João Torres, Sophia Walk
- Stability : Betar, José Pedro Venâncio, Maria do Carmo Vieira
- Hydraulic : Betar, Andreia Cardoso
- Electrical And Ited : João Pedro Osório
- Thermal : Sílvia Dias
- Acoustics : Leila Anselmo
- Construction : Vedap
- Client : Câmara Municipal de Abrantes
- City : Alvega
- Country : Portugal
Text description provided by the architects. With the same area and volume of the previous building, the new Canoeing Center is also located at the river beach of Alvega. Its proximity to the Tagus river, in a regularly flooded area during the winter, determined its position, raised above ground level – increasing the ground permeability –, and the coating of its walls, with a solution of black recycled plastic profiles, able to resist the impact of objects that might be dragged by the river, being permeable to the water flow simultaneously.
Internally divided into three bodies, which may have different management, the volume is composed of a cafeteria, a boat storage area, and changing cabins.
The terrace, barbecue area, and staircase, potentially used as an outdoor amphitheater, are intended for public use.
Originally published on May 21, 2015.