MoMA's largest-ever Latin American architecture exhibition will feature an official partnership with Instagram. The project invites the Instagram community to share their photos of buildings as part of the Latin America in Construction: Architecture 1955–1980 exhibition.
One of the year's most awaited exhibitions, Latin America in Construction: Architecture 1955–1980 will display key architectural works for understanding modernism in Latin America, featuring remarkable buildings from all over the continent, designed by prominent architects like Oscar Niemeyer, Clorindo Testa, Luis Barragán, Vilanova Artigas and Eladio Dieste.
Selected pictures of buildings posted on Instagram with the hashtag #ArquiMoMA will be featured as part of a display in the exhibition galleries and on the institution's official webpage. This joint project will launch on March 14 and will also feature official meetings (Instameets) at the selected locations listed below:
- Bank of London and South America (now Banco Hipotecario), Buenos Aires, Argentina (Reconquista 101)
- Museum of Modern Art, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Av. Infante Dom Henrique 85 / Parque do Flamengo)
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, Santiago, Chile (Dag Hammarskjold 3477)
- Park Towers, Bogota, Colombia (Carrera 5 esq Calle 27)
- Coppelia (Gelato), Havana, Cuba (2111 Calle L)
- Fair of Peace and Fraternity of the Free World Site, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Ave. Enrique Jiménez Moya Santo Domingo)
- National Theater, Guatemala City, Guatemala (24 Calle 3-81)
- National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico (Av. Universidad 3000)
- University of Central Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela (Ciudad Universitaria de Caracas)