- Project Team Wilson Architects : John Thong, Daniel Tsang, Annie Yen, Natalie Godwin, Ashley Every, Jenny Yang, Emma Ludwig, Brad Priekulis
- Project Team John Wardle Architects : Miranda Kan, Barry Hayes, Stefan Mee, John Wardle, Kirrilly Wilson
- Project Manager : Kim Wishart
- Structural, Civil + Façade Consultant : Aurecon
- Hydraulic Engineer : Steve Paul and Partners
- Fire Engineers : AECOM
- Building Surveyor : Certis
- Heritage Consultant : Ruth Woods
- Budget : $53m
- Project Manager : University of Queensland P&F – Kim Wishart
- City : Manchester
- Country : United States
Text description provided by the architects. The Centre for Advanced Imaging (CAI) captures highly experimental molecular imaging technology and the necessary support resources within a single facility.
The project aligns research, industry and education, and creates a new identity for the CAI. To realise the full potential of imaging as a research tool, the CAI provides a rich collaborative environment for researchers in disciplines ranging from engineering, synthetic and radiochemistry, physics and computer science to biology, medicine and psychology.
This mix of researchers works on innovations in imaging technology, imaging biomarker development and in biomedical research disciplines. The facility accommodates the complimentary use of MRI and PET imaging technologies in association with a Cyclotron, and supporting radio chemistry laboratories for research and commercial partnering.
The five-storey building houses three floors of laboratories with write up areas, as well as offices and meeting spaces, seminar and training facilities. There is also a communal roof terrace for staff with views across the campus, an outdoor amphitheatre, and a gallery space.
Lab Types - Cyclotron and radiochemistry hot cell labs, 7T whole body MRI Scanner, Electron Paramagnet Resonance Lab 700 NMR scanner, 9.4T Animal MRI, 16.4T scanner, Animal PET / CT Scanner, Animal PET/ MRI Scanner, Tissue Handling Laboratory (PC2)
Technology – The building houses an Electron Paramagnet Resonance (EPR) laboratory, a Cyclotron and target hot cell and radiochemistry laboratories, a 7T Whole Body MRI, 700 NMR and 16.4T magnets, Animal PET / CT /MRI equipment and MR-PET scanner - PC2 Tissue Handling Laboratories.