'Twas the month of December, when all through the house, not an architect was stirring, not even a (computer) mouse. The drawings were hung in the boardroom with care, in hopes that the client soon would be there. The designers were nestled all snug in their beds, while dreams of unlimited budgets danced in their heads. So instead of preparing for the year's final meeting, dear readers, please send us a holiday greeting!
The holidays are upon us, and at ArchDaily we've decided to put an architectural spin on traditional festive greeting cards. You're invited to submit your own architectural holiday card to be hung above the (proverbial) ArchDaily mantle with care. You could win a $500 Amazon Gift Card!
Send us your best Corbusier Santa Claus, Rem 'Jack Frost' Koolhaas, Graves-inspired Postmodern Menorah, or perhaps the latest holiday wares from Zaha Hadid. We'll be collecting our favorites and sharing them at the end of December. Get ready to deck halls like Gehry and gather around the hearth with Saarinen – we'll go easy on building code.
ArchDaily's 2014 Holiday Card Contest has been generously sponsored by Mosa.
- Design must be submitted as a .jpg
- Format is 1800 x 1200 pixels (vertical or horizontal)
- Design must be original and suitable for publication on ArchDaily
- The theme for the design can be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, etc.
- All entries must be received by Sunday, December 14 at 10PM EST
- You may submit more than one entry
- One first prize winner will receive a $500 Amazon Gift Card*
- Two runners-up will receive a $250 Amazon Gift Card*
Any submissions that do not conform to the guidelines will not be considered.
*In the event that Amazon is not available in the winner's country, a substitute retailer will be selected.