- Design Team: Daniel Bonilla, Juliana Lozano, Pedro Pulido, Seir Amaya, Alexander Roa, Adriana Hernández, Álvaro Acosta, Mauricio Morales, Oscar Montenegro, David Córdoba, Juan Andrés Díaz
- Students: Alejandro Méndez, Alejandra Torres, Giancarlo Mainero, Carolina Andrade
- General Management: Gerencia de proyectos Cámara de Comercio
- Director Gerencia E Interventoria De Obra: Gutiérrez Díaz y Cia
- Structural Design: MQ Ingeniería ltda
- Bio Climatic Consultant : Agustín Adarve
- Diseño De Iluminación: Maria Teresa Sierra
- City: Bogota
- Country: Colombia
Text description provided by the architects. The urban
The project is proposed under the question of how a public building located in an anonymous corner of the city can provide urban life. We thus formulate a siting where the floor plan tilts to build an artificial topography, creating an interesting dynamic with the traditional space of the platform and producing an urban balcony that adds to many public accesses in ascent or descent.
The program is broken down between operating and support areas, comprising: a circulation and operational support volume, that serves to connect the levels and provide complementary technical areas to the building. A volume or flexible prism serves to accommodate the activities. It is conceived as a space capable of absorbing infinite changes in the future. An interstitial space, operational crack or "atrium", which enhances the playful relationship between the two volumes. It is strategically functional by providing the entry of natural light and ventilation.
The dominant mass is clad with an envelope of undulating plywood inspired by Kinetic Art, which produces visual distortion effects. An institutional semi-frame accompanies it, taken from the generic image of recent buildings constructed by the Chamber of Commerce in Bogota
The building includes pertinent rational solutions relating to energy consumption and sustainability, such as the use of passive means of ventilation, lighting and sun protection.