This week our Architecture City Guide is headed to San Diego. It is home to the Salk Institute, one of Louis Kahn’s most well-known buildings, and Richard Neutra’s Airman’s Memorial Chapel. One could argue that these alone make a visit worth the trip. That said, we have put together a list of 12 great contemporary buildings that are also worth seeing. By limiting ourselves to 12 buildings we were not even able to include all the ones we have previously featured on our website. Take a look at our list and add to it in the comment section below.
Architecture City Guide: San Diego list and corresponding map after the break!
- High Tech High Chula Vista / Studio E Architects
- Westfield Horton Plaza / Jon Jerde
- Pier 32 Marina / Miller Hull Partnership
- Geisel Library / William Pereira
- The Q / Jonathan Segal Architect
- Essex Lofts / Lloyd Russell with Ted Smith
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego Downtown Addition and Renovation/ Gluckman Mayner Architects
- Salk Institute / Louis Kahn
- Beth El / Stanley Saitowitz | Natoma Architects
- Rita Atkinson Residence / Valerio Dewalt Train Architects
- Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment / Safdie Rabines Architects
- UCSD Price Center East / Yazdani Studio of Cannon Design