For this week the Architecture City Guide series headed to the city of Boston including neighboring Cambridge just across the Charles River Basin. This area has an overwhelmingly large amount of modern architecture in a small radius, and our list reflects just that. What buildings do you want to see added to our Boston list, share them with us in the comment section below.
The Architecture City Guide: Boston list and corresponding map after the break!
- Art of Americas Wing at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston / Foster + Partners
- Community Rowing Boathouse / Anmahian Winton Architects
- BanQ / Office dA
- Boston City Hall / Kallman, McKinnell and Knowles
- Hancock Place / Pei Cobb Freed & Partners
- Institute of Contemporary Art / Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- MIT Chapel / Eero Saarinen
- Simmons Hall / Steven Holl Architects
- Baker House Dormitory / Alvar Aalto
- Media Lab / Maki and Associates
- Stata Center / Frank Gehry
- Carpenter Center for Visual Arts / Le Corbusier
- Design Research Building / Benjamin Thompson
- Sert House / Josep Lluis Sert
- Holyoke Center, Harvard Science Center / Josep Lluis Sert
- Harkness Commons / Walter Gropius
If you are up for a trip outside the city, just under an hour train ride on the MBTA Commuter Rail (Fitchburg Line) you will arrive in Lincoln, Massachusetts and the Gropius House / Walter Gropius. The house is not open every day, so check before going.