After four months of research identifying works in Latin America and the Caribbean that met the eligibility criteria of the 'Latin American Architecture Prize Rogelio Salmona: open / collective spaces' a list of finalist has been compiled. Members of the International Curatorial Committee, architects Ana Maria Duran (Andean Region), Ruth Verde Zein (Brazil Region) and Fernando Diez (Southern Cone Region), and Art History background Louise Noelle Gras (Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean Region), postulated a total of 62 works covering the four regions.
Latest projects in Ecuador
Latest news in Ecuador
The offices of Caá Porá, Siete86 and Ingeniera Alternativa have released designs for “Palenque Cultural Tambillo,” a cultural center dedicated to the artistic tradition of marimba music in the Afroecuadorean town of Tambillo, Ecuador. Consisting of a performance and meeting hall, two multi-use classrooms, rehearsal spaces, an artisanal instrument workshop and ecologically friendly public bathrooms, the project is planned to become one piece of a network of cultural centers to be built in the UNESCO heritage province of Esmeraldas.
Japanese architect and 2014 Pritzker Prize winner Shigeru Ban will visit Ecuador on April 30 to help with disaster relief following the recent earthquake, according to a press release from the College of Ecuadorian Architects – Pichincha Province (CAE Pichincha). Known for bringing innovative and high quality design to the people that need it the most, Ban has developed successful responses to disasters in Asia, Africa, Europe and Central America.
Loading... It could take a few seconds
Popular categories in Ecuador
- Algarrobos House / José María Sáez + Daniel Moreno Flores
- Cubo House / Diez+Muller Arquitectos
- RDP House / Daniel Moreno Flores + Sebastian Calero
- Casas Casicata / DURAN&HERMIDA arquitectos asociados
- CF House / Christian Calle Figueroa See all »
- Gerardo Anker Library / L+A arquitectos
- House in La Prosperina / Fabrica Nativa Arquitectura See all »
- Jacobo Building / DURAN&HERMIDA arquitectos asociados
- Onyx Building / Diez + Muller Arquitectos
- Vivalto Building / Najas Arquitectos See all »