UseExterior metal roof cladding
ApplicationsCommercial, residential, cultural, public, industrial, hospitality
CharacteristicsCan be used on concave/convex surfaces, rainproof, can be used starting from a gradient of 3°
SizesStandard panel width approx. 530 mm (coil width 600 mm) | Common panel widths 400 mm to 600 mm | Metal thicknesses 0.7 mm/0.8 mm | Normal panel length up to 16 m
CertificationCradle to Cradle Certified™
RHEINZINK double lock standing seam made from titanium zinc is a long-lasting metal roof system for traditional and modern buildings from 3° roof inclination. The double standing seam evolved from the hollow seam and single standing seam systems. The development of tried-and-tested metal roofing systems has specific benefits in certain areas.
With RHEINZINK systems, planners and architects benefit from a clearly defined product program that includes scope for individual solutions as well as standard products. The installation of the double standing seam system is effortless and cost-effective, especially when applied to new buildings. In refurbishment cases, the flexibility of double standing seam systems makes them ideal. Solutions that reduce the complexity of planning and simplify calculations are available for unusually shaped buildings and building elements.
*Illustrations shown throughout may not represent all components necessary to meet building codes.
- Attractive, slim appearance and harmonious integration of roof surfaces in traditional or more modern buildings
- Ideal for shallow roof slopes and can be used starting from a gradient of 3°
- Can be perfectly adapted to various building elements for existing buildings with more complex architecture. Tapered, concave or convex rounded surfaces can be accurately formed
- Standing seam panels up to 7 m long are economical to fit. Panel lengths of up to 16 m can be flexibly employed, including on roofs with large surface areas
- The seams are rainproof and so protect the building structure against wind and weather
- Planners and professional specialists can also decide whether to produce the double standing seams manually or using a profiling machine
The double standing seam can be fitted on roofs with inclinations from 3°. Seam sealant tapes must be used on roof inclinations from 3° to 7° and where there is a danger of ice dams forming near the eaves. The profile edges are produced using roll formers or by hand. The seams are also sealed using a seam sealer machine or by hand.
Double standing seam systems are attached using stainless steel fixed and sliding clips. The screws are corrosion-protected and also fulfill the high requirements for a long-lasting roof covering. The RHEINZINK CLIPFIX** autofeed screwdriver and specially developed RHEINZINK clips are available for rapid and stormproof assembly.
**Check with your local country representative for product availability.