Terrazzo & Marble has supplied terrazzo flooring to numerous hotels and restaurants around the world, providing highly durable, low-maintenance, aesthetically pleasing and sustainable epoxy flooring.
In order to maintain high sanitary standards, hotels and restaurants must be easy to clean all the while being attractive spaces for their customers. The following characteristics make Terroxy Resin Systems by Terrazzo & Marble the ideal flooring option for restaurants and hotels:
- Durability: Terrazzo’s impeccable durability and strength are ideal for high traffic areas such as lobbies, hallways and eating areas. While the initial cost for other flooring systems might appear more affordable, they require more maintenance than terrazzo flooring. Other flooring systems such as carpet or vinyl tiles have to be replaced frequently, especially in high traffic areas, while terrazzo stands the test of time and typically lasts the lifetime of the building.
- Low Maintenance: Since hotels and restaurants manipulate large amounts of food and beverages and often experience high numbers of visitors, it is a difficult task to keep the floor space consistently clean. Seamless terrazzo flooring allows for easy cleaning and sanitizing, and day-to-day maintenance only requires using a mop and a bucket of warm water. Terrazzo & Marble's Terroxy Resin Systems also help to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus, reducing the transfer of germs and food waste in hotels and restaurants.
- Aesthetics: Terrazzo offers unlimited possibilities by allowing any imaginable combination of colors, patterns, logos, and pictures. This allows designers and architects to create original designs that incorporate branding and a wide range of colors into the floor. Terroxy Resin Systems' special formulation does not allow for colors to fade or wear thin.
- Sustainability: Terrazzo has long been a recycled product and was created centuries ago by Venetian workers who used waste chips from slab marble processing. The following aspects make Terroxy Resin Systems a sustainable flooring choice:
- Use of recycled content for aggregates
- Use of local/regional materials
- High durability, lasting the lifetime of buildings
- Does not emit Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)