- Design Team:Mukul Arora, Nivedita Saigal, Saurabh Syal, Debdeep Dam
- Client:Mr. Anthony, Zeena Lopez
- Builder:Mr. Sugan Lal
- Interiors / Furniture:Lopez Design, Gurgaon
- Steel Fabrication:Usmaan Steel works
- Home Automation System:Sollfege
- Exterior Aluminium Door Window:ALCOI Building Systems
Text description provided by the architects. Designing a new studio space for a long established and leading environmental graphics firm meant creating a spatial experience that provided continuity with their work ethic and yet explored new inter-relationships that could foster creative thinking.
The 500 sqm. Urban Plot is programmed as a sustainable live-work setup with the lower two levels as the studio space and the upper two as a residence. The two-level office for a non-hierarchical design studio called for strong integration between the two floors. A central void acts as an interactive heart for the office.
This generous double-height space, adjacent to the eastern light-court, not only provides visual and physical connect but also acts as a social hub. Neutral programming at the lower level of the void ensures multi-faceted use and experience. The built-threshold along the twin sunken courts maximise the inside-outside connect
The design uses a restrained palette of exposed brick, cast-in-situ concrete panels, and steel cladding.