Architecture, Innovation, Housing and Affordable Living Converge at reSITE 2018 ACCOMMODATE.
Sou Fujimoto, Michel Rojkind, Jeanne Gang, Assemble, MINI Living, Airbnb, WeWork/WeLive and OMA’s Reinier de Graaf are among the confirmed speakers at reSITE 2018 ACCOMMODATE, one of Europe’s top annual international forums showcasing top solutions for cities and attended by the region’s top design, business, and civic leaders, happening in Prague.
reSITE’s 360° stage in the Ricardo Bofill-designed Forum Karlin puts 50 globally renowned and inspirational architects and experts at the center of a 1000+ audience of investors, architects, planners, innovators, cultural, municipal and real estate leaders.
Theme: Future Housing
Alternative ownership, affordable and cooperative housing, new financing and regeneration models are driving the conversation about housing around the world. reSITE 2018 will present the best of those models from around the world and see how they might fit in Prague and other EU cities.
Housing is a bit different than other types of architecture and development because it's intensely personal and always so closely tied to our well-being and quality of life in the city. We need new ideas, new innovations, new types of dwellings to respond to the changing demographics and economics of cities. Design, policy and innovation need to come together to find them.
– Martin Barry, Founder of reSITE
Meet the global trend-setters
- Sou Fujimoto (Founder of Sou Fujimoto Architects in Japan), recently selected as WSJ’s Architecture Innovator of the Year and green architecture genius, will speak about his large-scale urbanism and residential projects, including those he has designed for major French cities – Paris, Nice, Marseille.
- The Founder of Rojkind Arquitectos Michel Rojkind shortlisted for ArchDaily's "Obra del Ano" with his latest achievement, the Foro Boca concert and culture hall in Mexico, will give a keynote and lead a fun run through Prague.
- OMA’s Reinier de Graaf's first book “Four Walls and a Roof” will be revealed at the event, where we expect him to lambaste apathetic architectural ideals and explain that architecture will always be flawed as long as humans conceive, create and build it.
- Jeanne Gang is a Chicago-based practicing architect and a MacArthur Fellow, whose work at a recent MoMA exhibition "Foreclosed: Rehousing the American Dream" will be a highlight.
- Oke Hauser, Creative Lead and mastermind of BMW Mini Cooper's new portfolio of residential concepts Mini Living will present their concept, which has created an international sensation at Milan Design Week in April with over 70,000 visitors and millions of social media interactions.
- Darick Borowski, Creative Director of WeWork and WeLive, will explain the move of the $20 billion valued company, towards cooperative living, flexible residential flats.
- Another keynote lecture will be given by Richard Burdett, Professor of Urban Studies at the London School of Economics and Director of the Urban Age and LSE Cities.
- The Founder of Design House Liberty, Dara Huang, will speak about new trends in residential architecture.
- Erion Veliaj, 39 year-old dream Mayor of Tirana working to bring Albania to the 21st century, is one Southern Europe’s most talented politicians. He approaches sustainability with creative solutions. His policy focuses on innovation, smart financing, 100% renewable energy, hybrid and electric cars and he doesn’t consider limited public budgets as an excuse for slow urban development.
- High-level editors will moderate the discussions, including Marcus Fairs, founder of Dezeen, Monocle’s producer and reporter Carlota Rebelo, Andrew Tuck and Rob Bole, General Manager of Citylab – the world’s most respected and read “cities” online publication.
More than a conference: extra events
The conference will include a diversity of formats – keynotes, panel discussions, live mic stage, field trips, interactive workshops curated by Shared Cities: Creative Momentum, tours, parties, an unforgettable dinner and a movie premiere of Elevation. A city run with Michel Rojkind will be organized on Saturday June 16 after the event wrap-up. reSITE is a one-of-a-kind experience combining the best ideas in the world from the bottom to the top.
Who should attend?
The event addresses professionals – architects, urbanists, planners, designers, municipal leaders and representatives, politicians, developers and investors, researchers, teachers, students, media, cultural leaders, curators and non-profit organizations and activists.
The registrations are open, with a huge discount for students and several options for professionals, with special deals offered to professional organizations including AIA Europe. Free public events will be also part of the event.
Download the information related to this event here.
FromJune 14, 2018 09:00 AM
UntilJune 15, 2018 06:00 PM