ArchDaily is an evolving project of the Internet – an experiment in archiving, disseminating discourse and sharing content related to architecture and urbanism on a scale that was not possible as little as two decades ago.
Since our foundation in 2008, we have operated around a single mission: to bring knowledge, inspiration, and tools to the people who are, and will be, designing the urban centers which will accommodate our planet’s (exponentially rising) population.
Most importantly for us, we are continually connecting people from around the developed and developing world by building a platform which operates in four languages—Spanish, English, Portuguese and Mandarin Chinese—to ensure that these discussions are available to the widest possible global audience.
And in order to bring content to our half-a-million daily readers more efficiently, we're looking for a Content Coordinator to help guide and organize the team. Are you meticulous, exceptionally organized and passionate about architecture and the internet? This is the job for you.
The Content Coordinator reports to Head of Content and plays an integral role in defining and executing ArchDaily’s publishing strategy. The ideal candidate has a background in architecture, is a talented communicator and is enthusiastic about the possibilities afforded by the internet.
- Maintain coordination and workflow with our editorial team from our International Headquarters around the world.
- Advise editors to optimize publishing schedule.
- Develop editorial strategies to grow audience in key regions (including, but not limited to, China, Mexico, Brazil, and India)
- Occasionally write, edit and proofread news reports, stories and researched articles.
- Build and sustain meaningful relationships with global media partners.
Successful candidates must:
- Be a native or fluent English speaker with excellent writing skills. Bilingual editors (Spanish/English, Portuguese/English, Chinese/English) preferred.
- Have at least two years professional experience in media/publishing field with a focus on architecture.
- Have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, ideally in Architecture.
- Have experience in writing, editing and producing print or online content.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the contemporary architecture scene.
- Have a good sense of what is newsworthy and appropriate for our audience.
- Have excellent computer and technology skills.
- Be an independent thinker and self-motivated.
Preferred candidates must offer:
- Rich, proactive and creative ideas for content that will help expand our reach while engaging our target audience.
- A good sense of social media trends and understanding the way the internet works.
- The ability to plan and execute projects across digital, social and mobile platforms and meet strict deadlines.
Job title: Content Coordinator - Content
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Flexible (Santiago, Chile preferred)
Minimum Commitment: 1 Year
ArchDaily, the world's most visited architecture website, aims to improve the quality of life of the billions of people who will arrive in cities during the next decades by providing inspiration, knowledge and tools to the architects who will have the challenge to design for them. We curate the best architecture projects and news and deliver it to millions of users who connect to our network of global sites published in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese.
To submit your application please send your CV and a brief cover letter (within the body text of the email) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Content Coordinator" as the subject.