- Structural Engineers:Punch Consulting
- Mechanical And Electrical Engineers:JV Tierney & Co
- Quantity Surveyors:Bruce Shaw Partnership
- Health & Safety Consultants:Bruce Shaw Safety Management
- Fire Safety Engineers:Michael Slattery & Associates
- Main Contractor:Michael McNamara & Co
- Façade Sub Contractor:Duggan Systems Limited
Text description provided by the architects. A new Humanities Research Building: a slim rectangular building, four stories high with higher rooflights penetrating the volume with shafts of light creating zones and double-heights for work and research.
The site in Fellows Square is perched on the end of the Arts Block, the building closes the square and frames views to Front Square over the1937 Reading Room. The building is seen as a powerhouse of ideas; the honeycomb granite surface is crisp and detailed to create deep window embrasures in the manner of a tower house. Internally walls are lined with walnut to create seats, desks and bookshelves.