- Colaborators:Horacio Schmidt, Nicole Labbé, Carlos Venegas, Hernán Fierro
- Structural Engineering:Fernando del Sol and Enzo Valladares
- Building Contractor:Salfa S.A
- Job Captains:Rubén Ossandón and Jean Paul Barthou
- City:San Pedro de Atacama
Text description provided by the architects. This thermal river flows generously in a secluded valley, 30 miles from the small town of San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. In its long course, it creates many natural pools that have been used to bathe in since ancient times, as the two existing Inca houses prove.
The landscape work intends to give splendour to the place, poetically. And make a sustainable use of the pools, possible.
Raised boardwalks treat the riverside grasses gently, and reveal the unique beauty of the river’s long winding course, and the pools within.
Two basic white concrete structures house all the facilities, and make the wild nature of the place, stand out.