- Architect In Charge:Marta Rodrigues arquitectos Lda., Roberto Cremascoli, Edison Okumura
- Design:DEF Design, Luísa Ribas, João Cruz
- Associate Architects:Andrea Smaniotto, Barbara Sandri, Sónia Pina, Lisa Belchior, António Silva
- Images:Hélder Magalhães
- Scale Models:Alvaro Negrello
- Water, Sewage And Fire Equipments And Installation:Raquel Fernandes, GOP
- Telecommunications Installation:Alexandre Martins, GPIC
- Active Security Installation:Alexandre Martins, GPIC
- Integrated Security Installation:Alexandre Martins, GPIC
- Acoustics:António Tadeu
- Client:Câmara Municipal da Marinha Grande
- Total Floor Area:3.673,00 sm
- City:Marinha Grande
Text description provided by the architects. The relevance of the structure meant to be rehabilitated, the Market, of immense historical importance and an almost mandatory daily passage, and also the existence of numerous green areas, as frequent as the buildings, allied to the functional programme planned for that location (city hall services, commerce, offices, museum and auditorium) defined the project’s basic concept: the approach to the building’s original composition. It was, then, decided to uncover the central patio and bury a part of the programme.
The Central Patio transforms into a big internal “public square” which may have different uses, besides the obvious feature for working as a terrace area, it can also host cultural and sport events.
The main intervention is based on the construction of a new building (NAC – Contemporary Art Nucleus), “embracing” the old one, able to become a symbol of the city. A box made of glass, the symbol material of Marinha Grande, national capital of the glass.