- Architect In Charge:MAAM + Studioparalelo
- Autors:Luciano Andrades, Matías Carballal, Rochelle Castro, Andrés Gobba, Mauricio López, Silvio Machado, Álvaro Méndes
- Project Team:Sebastian Caram, Gerard Rouillier, Pablo Courreges, Emiliano Etchegaray, Belén García, Gabriel Giambastiani, Jaqueline Lessa, Alexis Arbelo, Pamela Davyt, Aldo Lanzi, Sebastián Martínez, Nicolás Rudolph, Ken Sei Fong.
- Construction Audition:Marcus Vinicius, Fabiano Melo, Camila Vilar.
- Structure:Tecnon (estructura global), Valls Engenharia (estructura brises).
- Construction:AHP Construções e empreendimentos
- Landscape:Plante Bem Paisagismo, Lourinaldo Pinto
- City:Campina Grande
A PERMEABLE BUILDING.
Located in Campina Grande (Paraíba) this building was designed and built to accommodate the new headquarters of CREA (Engineering Council Body).
The precast concrete permeable “skin” does not resemble the usual glazed institutional buildings, impervious and impermeable. Instead its transparency and lightness give the whole building qualities recommended for the modern state institutions.
Inside, the patios play the main role – transparent and covered with glass panels over the main circulation areas, fully permeable over the garden and the reflective pool on the ground floor.
The program is distributed in two levels:
The upper floor accommodates the administrative functions - divided in two sections connected by a metallic walkway while the ground floor receives the public functions with a multipurpose room able to work as a lecture space, seating up to 150 people. The main hall and other areas are open and unfenced – totally permeable – and all connected and delimited by its double height internal patio space.