Installation art collective Limelight has transformed the Parliament Building of Romania into a eye-popping, psychedelic light show for the iMapp Bucharest International Video Mapping Competition. Titled “Interconnection,” the video utilized projection mapping (also known as spatial augmented reality) techniques to render the world’s third largest building in a blaze of shape-shifting, technicolor graphics and animations. Taking home top honors at the event, the projection required the use of 104 video projectors to cast the 23,000 square meter surface of the Parliament’s front facade in over 1 million ANSI lumens.
Latest projects in Romania
Latest news in Romania
As part of ArchDaily's coverage of the 2016 Venice Biennale, we are presenting a series of articles written by the curators of the exhibitions and installations on show.
The winners of the seventh annual Restaurant & Bar Design Awards—the only awards in the world dedicated to the design of food and beverage spaces—have been announced in London. Out of over 860 entries from the United Kingdom and 70 other countries, 36 designs were awarded, with two grand prize winners.
In Eastern Europe the assimilation of modernism proved a rather divergent process, correlated with tumultuous and contradictory socio-political events. The urban space suffered successive destructuring, caused by massive industrial insertions with direct impact at urban and demographic level.
The Innovative Prototyping @ Dynamic Fields – Responsive Architecture Workshop, which took place in Bucharest, Romania July 16-29, resulted in five innovative prototypes. The workshop was benefited by the presence of Patrik Schumacher, Director of Zaha Hadid Architects, founder of AA Design Research Lab London and one of the most important figures in the world of computational design. The workshop’s purpose was the understanding of how the advancement of digital technology is helping architects respond to the complexity of the environment surrounding them. The five prototypes (Turbillon, Interactive Field, Dynamic Muqarnas, Project 86 and Wind Mapper) are to be exposed in the near future at different fairs or events. More images and information after the break.
Loading... It could take a few seconds
Popular categories in Romania
- Vila N / SYAA
- Vultureni House / TECON Architects
- CN House / Plus Line Design
- Afumati House / Manadelucru
- A.B. House / Andreescu & Gaivoronschi See all »
- Theresia Bastion / ARCHAEUS
- Traditional Wooden House Reconversion / ArhiBox
- Reframe / Alexandru Fleșeriu + Péter Eszter See all »
- Residential Building in Bucharest / Synthesis Architecture
- High Density Residential Building / Solano & Catalán + Elena Saricu
- Apartment Building on G.Călinescu Street / Westfourth Architecture
- MORA Residential Building / ADN Birou de Arhitectura
- Spectrum Residential Ensemble / Re-Act Now See all »