ApplicationsFaçade, all interior walls, ceilings, and roof top
CharacteristicsCellular cast aluminum foam, sound absorbing properties, strong yet lightweight panels, versatile material, contains up to 100% recycled content, corrosion resistant
FormatStandard panel size
ColorsPowdered coated or painted with BASF wet paint, in limitless colours
SizesThicknesses available: 12.7 mm (1/2”), 25.4 mm (1”) & 43.2 mm (1.7”)
- Partners in Charge
Rem Koolhaas, Chris van Duijn, Federico Pompignoli
- Project Year
Pritzker Prize–winning architect Rem Koolhaas had a vision of aluminum foam early in Fondazione PRADA's design phase, even before he knew that the Alusion™ product existed. The Fondazione Prada Museum is intended to accommodate a wide variety of cultural events, including a cinema. It now includes over 6,800 m2 of Alusion™ aluminum foam material; on the façade, all interior walls, ceilings, and roof top.
Cymat’s Aluminum Foam, marketed under the trade name of Alusion™ for architecture, is an extraordinary and versatile material with virtually limitless design and architectural applications. Along with its unique appearance, it has sound absorbing properties making it ideal for applications requiring both sound absorption and beauty. It is used for facades, wall cladding, showroom displays, ceiling tiles, restaurants and bars, offices and apartment buildings, flooring, signs, lighting, fixtures, exhibits etc.
Alusion™ Stabilized Aluminum Foam Properties
- 100% recyclable, and contains up to 100% recycled content
- Acoustic Absorption Properties
- Non Combustible with a flame spread of zero
- Highly corrosion resistant
- Strength, durability and resilience of aluminum
- Windload resistance of up to 356 km per hour (221 miles)
Cymat's foam creates strong yet lightweight panels. Similar in appearance to a metallic sponge, Alusion™ is visually striking, with a modern dramatic look. For architecture, it is produced in 12.7 mm (1/2”), 25.4 mm (1”) & 43.2 mm (1.7”), and can also be custom produced in various thickness. The surface of the material is either left in its solid form, as produced, or undergoes surface preparations which provide many different appearances from a solid surface “shimmering” look to a translucent “water froth” look.
- Thicknesses: 12.7 mm (1/2”), 25.4 mm (1”) & 43.2 mm (1.7”)
- Standard panels sizes: 1220 mm x 2440 mm (4’ X 8’), 1220 mm x 3048 mm (4’ x 10’), 1220 mm x 3660 mm (4’ x 12’)
- Upon demand, Alusion™ panels are also available in longer custom panels than a 3.66 metre length
Alusion™ for Architecture & Design:
Please contact through email or by phone
Direct Tel. for Alusion (Canada): +1-905-696-2442