Cymat Technologies Ltd partnered with OMA Architects & PRADA in completing the “Alusion™ PRADA project,” a signature project which is one of a kind in its design.
|Architects ||OMA |
|Location ||Milan, Italy |
|Partners in Charge ||Rem Koolhaas, Chris van Duijn, Federico Pompignoli |
|Area ||6800 sqm |
|Project Year ||2015 |
Pritzker Prize-winning architect Rem Koolhaas had a vision of aluminum foam early in Fondazione PRADA's design phase, even before he knew that the Alusion™ product existed. The Fondazione Prada Museum is intended to accommodate a wide variety of cultural events, including a cinema. It now includes over 6,800 m2 of Alusion™aluminum foam material; on the façade, all interior walls, ceilings, and rooftops.
Cymat Technologies Ltd is an innovative materials technology company that has the exclusive worldwide rights for producing Alusion™ Stabilized Aluminum Foam.
Cymat’s Aluminum Foam, marketed under the trade name of Alusion™ for architecture, is an extraordinary and versatile material with virtually limitless design and architectural applications. Along with its unique appearance, it has sound-absorbing properties making it ideal for applications requiring both sound absorption and beauty. It is used for facades, wall cladding, showroom displays, ceiling tiles, restaurants and bars, offices and apartment buildings, flooring, signs, lighting, fixtures, exhibits, etc.
Alusion™ Stabilized Aluminum Foam Properties
- 100% recyclable, and contains up to 100% recycled content
- Acoustic Absorption Properties
- Non-Combustible with a flame spread of zero
- Highly corrosion resistant
- Strength, durability, and resilience of aluminum
- Wind load resistance of up to 356 km per hour (221 miles)
Cymat'sfoam creates strong yet lightweight panels. Similar in appearance to a metallic sponge, Alusion™ is visually striking, with a modern dramatic look. For architecture, it is produced in 12.7 mm (1/2”), 25.4 mm (1”) & 43.2 mm (1.7”), and can also be custom produced in various thicknesses. The surface of the material is either left in its solid form, as produced, or undergoes surface preparations that provide many different appearances from a solid surface “shimmering” look to a translucent “water froth” look.
- Thicknesses: 12.7 mm (1/2”), 25.4 mm (1”) & 43.2 mm (1.7”)
- Standard panels sizes: 1220 mm x 2440 mm (4’ X 8’), 1220 mm x 3048 mm (4’ x 10’), 1220 mm x 3660 mm (4’ x 12’)
- Upon demand, Alusion™ panels are also available in longer custom panels than a 3.66-meter length.