La Tequila Restaurant / LOA

La Tequila Restaurant / LOA

La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior PhotographyLa Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography, KitchenLa Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior PhotographyLa Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography, Door, Facade+ 15

Zapopan, Mexico
More SpecsLess Specs
La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography, Kitchen, Countertop, Chair
© César Béjar Studio

Text description provided by the architects. The restaurant is located within a shopping and financial district in Zapopan, Jalisco, near the city of Guadalajara, Mexico. The objective of the project was to implement the aesthetic and architectural identity of a business with almost 3 decades of history and a rooted culture of artisanal products and processes. Throughout the last 26 years, La Tequila has made itself a reputation as the city’s premier destination for Mexican cuisine and, as such, it has built a strong sense of identity that we were tasked with preserving.

La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography, Kitchen, Chair
© César Béjar Studio
La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Image 12 of 15
Plan - Ground floor
La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography, Kitchen, Shelving, Facade
© César Béjar Studio
La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Image 13 of 15
Plan - 1st floor
La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography
© César Béjar Studio

The project aims to reinvigorate that identity, by taking the original textures & components and applying them in novel ways to create a renewed but familiar language. This is analogous to the restaurant’s cuisine, which takes traditional Mexican recipes and transposes them to a modern context.

La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography, Kitchen
© César Béjar Studio

The origin of the source was the main concern, with locally produced materials and handcrafts that would reaffirm what the concept stands for.

La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography
© César Béjar Studio

The program is fairly straightforward. Back-of-house areas, including kitchen, product reception, staff bathrooms, and offices, are distributed across two levels and take up roughly 40% of the total volume. Meanwhile, the front of the house, which occupies the remaining 60% of the restaurant, is divided into 3 distinct areas: an interior hall, ideal for family gatherings, that faces the open section of the kitchen and is in close proximity to bathrooms and kids' club; a large semi-outdoor area for different seating configurations directly in front of the bar, that offers great views of the neighboring commercial district; and an adjoining terrace that can be enclosed by a series of textile curtains to serve as private dining areas.

La Tequila Restaurant  / LOA - Interior Photography, Glass
© César Béjar Studio

Project gallery

See allShow less

Project location

Address:Plaza Comercial "The Landmark Guadalajara" in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico

Click to open map
Location to be used only as a reference. It could indicate city/country but not exact address.
About this office
Cite: "La Tequila Restaurant / LOA" [Restaurante la tequila / LOA] 14 Aug 2021. ArchDaily. Accessed . <https://www.archdaily.com/966739/la-tequila-restaurant-loa> ISSN 0719-8884

You've started following your first account!

Did you know?

You'll now receive updates based on what you follow! Personalize your stream and start following your favorite authors, offices and users.