- Principal In Charge: Marsha Maytum
- Project Architect: Christine Van Wagenen
- Project Manager: Ryan Jang
- Mechanical, Plumbing, And Fire Protection Engineer: Integral Group
- Acoustical & Telecom Engineer: Charles M. Salter Associates
- Lighting Design: Architectural Lighting Design
- Client: San Francisco Art Institute & Fort Mason Center
- Telecom Engineer: Charles M. Salter Associates
- City: San Francisco
- Country: United States
Text description provided by the architects. As part of the transformation of Fort Mason from a historic army base into a thriving nonprofit arts and community center, LMSA led the adaptive reuse of Pier 2 to rehabilitate the landmark shed and to turn the interior into a new campus for the San Francisco Art Institute (SFAI) - a hub for both undergraduate and graduate studies and public engagement with the arts.
In Phase I, the historic shed was restored and seismically upgraded with integrated sustainable building systems including a 255KW rooftop photovoltaic solar system.
In Phase II, LMSA transformed the interior volume into a new arts campus for SFAI which includes 160+ studios, public exhibition galleries, performance installation rooms, multipurpose teaching spaces, a black box theater, and a workshop/maker space.