- Principal In Charge:Marsha Maytum
- Project Architect:Christine Van Wagenen
- Project Manager:Ryan Jang
- Contractor:Oliver & Company
- Structural Engineer:Rutherford & Chekene, Rutherford + Chekene
- Mechanical, Plumbing, And Fire Protection Engineer:Integral Group
- Acoustical & Telecom Engineer:Charles M Salter Associates, Charles M. Salter Associates
- Lighting Design:Architectural Lighting Design
- Client:San Francisco Art Institute & Fort Mason Center
- City:San Francisco
- Country:United States
Text description provided by the architects. As part of the transformation of Fort Mason from a historic army base into a thriving nonprofit arts and community center, LMSA led the adaptive reuse of Pier 2 to rehabilitate the landmark shed and to turn the interior into a new campus for the San Francisco Art Institute (SFAI) - a hub for both undergraduate and graduate studies and public engagement with the arts.
In Phase I, the historic shed was restored and seismically upgraded with integrated sustainable building systems including a 255KW rooftop photovoltaic solar system.
In Phase II, LMSA transformed the interior volume into a new arts campus for SFAI which includes 160+ studios, public exhibition galleries, performance installation rooms, multipurpose teaching spaces, a black box theater, and a workshop/maker space.