Discover the unique and inventive architecture in three Nordic countries on an 11-day journey with Architectural Adventures. The cutting-edge designs that enliven the skylines and streets of Stockholm, Copenhagen, and Oslo illustrate the rich past and present of this corner of the globe. Delve into the global significance of buildings, rich history of the region, and learn from local architectural experts what drives the innovation in Scandinavian design. Enjoy behind-the-scenes access to award-winning complexes, opera houses, public spaces and cultural centers, learning first-hand from architectural influencers in the region and get an insider’s look at the region’s architectural past, present and future.
Call now to book! 1.800.293.5725 (max. 30 guests)
- Marvel at the architecture of Stockholm including City Hall, Ragnar Ostberg’s masterpiece of Swedish National Romanticism and site of the annual Nobel Prize banquet.
- Discover the Ericsson Globe and board the SkyView to ride to the top of the world’s largest spherical building and soak in panoramic views of the city.
- Step inside the Turning Torso, the world’s first twisting skyscraper and Scandinavia’s tallest building.
- Explore the 8Tallet building, winner of the Housing Building of the Year award at the 2011 World Architecture Fair.
- Visit the famously ambitious design of the National Aquarium Denmark, Northern Europe’s largest aquarium.
- Tour one of Norway’s most well-known architectural firms, Snøhetta and get an exclusive behind the scenes look at one of their office buildings with amazing views.
- Enjoy Artipelag, an international venue for art, food, and events set on Värmdö in the Stockholm Archipelago.
- See the Emporia Mall designed by Swedish architect Gert Wingårdh.
- Visit Copenhagen’s DR Koncerthuset by Jean Nouvel, named one of the ten greatest concert halls of the new millennium.
- Discover the Oslo Opera House with an in-depth look at this world-renowned cultural center which served as the catalyst for Oslo’s building and cultural boom.
- An experienced Tour Director, in addition to the Architectural Adventures Educational Expert
- All guided visits and entrance fees throughout the program as outlined in the itinerary
- Air-conditioned motorcoach for select excursions
- Service charges, taxes and gratuities for guides, bus drivers, porters, hotel and restaurant staff for included meals
- Two internal flights
TitleScandinavia Architectural Tour
FromJuly 27, 2018 11:28 AM
UntilAugust 06, 2018 11:28 AM
VenueNational Aquarium Denmark