In 2016, Instagram grew from popular picture viewing app to essential social media tool with over 300 million active users and 95 million photos and videos per day. A digital journal of sorts, the platform is now the best way to let your friends and followers know where you are, what you’re doing or what inspires you.
Our own instagram page, curated by our founder and Editor-in-Chief David Basulto, is a travel feed of fantastic architecture from around the world. But which places and buildings were Instagram users’ favorites this year? Check out the list of most geotagged cities, locations, museums and hotels below!
The Most Geotagged Cities of 2016
The Most Instagrammed Locations of 2016
1. Disney Theme Parks (Global)
2. Universal Studios Theme Parks (Global)
10. VDNKh (Moscow)
The Most Instagrammed Hotels of 2016
1. MGM Grand Las Vegas
2. W New York - Times Square
3. The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
4. Atlantis The Palm, Dubai
5. Caesars Palace (Las Vegas)
6. Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
7. Fontainebleau Miami Beach
8. Wynn Las Vegas
9. Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel (Official)
10. The Venetian Macao, Macau
The Most Instagrammed Museums of 2016
7. American Museum of Natural History, New York
News via CNN.