- Architect In Charge:Pere Buil, Toni Riba
- Design Team:Adrià Guardiet, Miquel Camps, Jordi Riba, Eva Cotman, Ondrej Fabian
- Engineers:PCG arquitectura e ingeniería
- Budget Control:PCG arquitectura e ingeniería
- Vegetation Project:Josep Selga
- Archaeology:Isidre Pastor
- Building Coordination Architects:Toni Riba
- Building Coordination Engineers:Federico Giacomelli
Text description provided by the architects. The urbanization of the streets surrounding the old Born Market has the goal to respond to needs and potentials, which an opening of a renovated building like Born Cultural Center will generate in public space.
Connectivity and permeability.
Traffic in the Comerç Street infront of the market has been eliminated and the pedestrian space was included in the continuum of the rest of the district, up to the limit of the Citadel Park.
Centrality and identity
There has been created a vacuum around the building to highlight its monumentality. The paving is an element of connection to history and memory of the place.
Flexibility and functionality
The project was defined with the premise to promote maximum diversity of uses. With the launch of BornCC the current uses were intensified and new ones appeared. The open space, the single platform and the character of the plaza strengthen this diversity.