- Construction Management : Ortech Sàrl
- Texte : Nicole Grumser
- HVAC : Röschi + Partner AG
- Sanitary Engineer : Röschi + Partner AG
- Technical Office In Electricity : BMS SA, Avry
- City : La Chaux-de-Fonds
- Country : Switzerland
Text description provided by the architects. In order to bring out the concept of a sculptural object, North and South facades are made of “structural glazing”. That choice enables totally flush external surfaces without any visible façade profiles.
The mirror glazing provides the building with an elegant and precious character but also contributes to the high level of comfort of the workspaces.
In fair weather conditions, the nature reflects on the facades, and under outdoor lower light levels, the indoor craft activity becomes the highlighted scene.
- 6mm-thick outer pane: Silver Antelio float glass, tempered on outside face ,with silkscreen printed edges
- 22mm glazing space: argon gas and black aluminium spacers
- 6mm-thick inner pane: thermally toughened, heat-soak treated glass with low-emissivity coating
That double glazing both insures solar control - by reducing solar gain - and enhances thermal insulation. Antelio outer panes have a metallic coating applied on the glass through a pyrolysis process which gives them a mirror shine. The spandrels are made of tempered glass.