- Framework:Microlamellar beech wood
- Shell:Composite sandwich panels coating: aluminum shingles
- Architectural Layout:Scuola Sci e Snowboard Courmayeur, Fabrizio Gandolfo
- Main Technical Partners:Cleaf, LCM group, NDA Nova Design Automazioni, NordCompensati, Pollmeier, PREFA
- Client:Courmayeur Activity s.r.l. u.
- Design Team:Stefano Testa, Luca Gentilcore, Stefano Girodo, Corrado Curti
- On Site Works:&B Metaltech, Fratelli Alberto, GB di Boschetti & C, Ronchetta & C, Pellissier Helicopter
Text description provided by the architects. LEAPfactory presents the new home of the Courmayeur Ski & Snowboard School. On the slopes of the ski area of Plan Checrouit, right in front of Mont Blanc, LEAPfactory has just completed the new home of the Courmayeur Ski and Snowboard School; it opened to the public last Christmas.
Thanks to the new LEAPs3 construction system, the building was assembled in only one week, right in the middle of the winter season. It offers high-performance construction technology, sophisticated design and customized interior finishes.
Following the LEAP philosophy, the building rests on light foundations, it is completely reversible and it can be dismantled and transferred according future needs. All materials are environment friendly, recyclable and assembled entirely dry. Alpine skiing has always been an important factor for the touristic development of mountain areas, useful for the work and the leisure of many people. However this has often led to an high cost in terms of environmental impact. With the new home of the Courmayeur Ski and Snowboard School, LEAPfactory experiences a new approach to rethink this relationship.
The new structure is made with innovative, highly performing and durable materials: it does not contain concrete nor permanent parts, it is completely reversible, replaceable and recyclable. LEAPfactory's high altitude experience comes to realize an innovative construction system: LEAPs3. It is suitable for the creation of both residential and commercial green buildings with high technical and aesthetic value, as the best known LEAPs1 Gervasutti bivuoac and LEAPrus 3912 eco-hotel.