- Client : Banco Santander
- Management : Typsa/Engecorps
- Supervision : Banco Santander
- Structure : Acciona Engenharia Ltda
- Fundations : Infra Estrutura Engenharia Ltda
- Engineering : MHA Engenharia
- Lightning : Franco e Fortes
- Leed Consulting : CTE
- Waterproofing : PROASSP
- Acoustics : Sresnewsky Consultores Associados
- Industrial Kitchen : Studio Ino
- Visuals : UND
- Landscape : André Paoliello Paisagistas Associados
- Sashes : Mário Newton Leme Consultoria de Esquadria Ltda
- Concept : IBM
- Data Center Engineering : Innovative Borsoi
- Masonry : Addor e Associados
- Authors : Roberto Loeb, Luis Capote
- Associate Architects : Damiano Leite, Chantal Longo
- Collaborators : Nicola Pugliese, Francisco Cassimiro, Camila da Silva, Noemi Fernandes, Erica Urbani, Luis Nogueira, Bernardo Fridmann, Estevam Martins, Vitor Lucas, Eduardo Escabeche, Emily Shayo, Maria Carolina Simões, Camilo Badue, Juliana Lovato, Rafael Leoni, Cristina Sin, Cecília Mesquita
- City : Campinas
- Country : Brazil
Text description provided by the architects. The Datacenter of Santander Bank is located in the Municipality of Campinas, State of São Paulo, next to UNICAMP, campus of the University of Campinas.
The plot of land, covering an area of 700,000 square meters, includes three independent and autonomous "Data Processing Centers" approximately 500 meters distant from one another for security reasons and operational strategy.
Each of these units has an area of approximately 25,000 square meters, spread over three floors, two of which are partly underground. Each of the buildings stands out in the landscape as a result of the excavation project, which opted for reusing the land removed during the construction, and placing it back once the structures had been completed.
The Operational Control Center or "NOC" as it is called, is located in a strategic position for the operation of the DATACENTER, allowing operational access to all its parts.
Composed of two interdependent spaces, the first one housing the reception, workrooms and services, is a longitudinal construction located between a large vertical structure made of concrete and a long stone wall, forming an internal garden accessible via the work areas, counting with protected access security systems.
The second is the great block that houses the Operations Center and the support and logistic rooms of the complex. This second space is connected to an internal garden covered by a cellular system of concrete elements allowing the daylight to come through while filtering the intensity of the rays of sun. A large water body, measuring about 12 meters in width and 80 meters in length, completes the complex of the “NOC“ / Operational Control Center.
The landscaping recovers the vegetation mass and the system of access roads adapts to the logistics needs of the complex.
A number of strategic support facilities, such as the logistics building, entrance gates, bus station, substations, and different parking areas complete the complex of the DATACENTER of Santander Bank in Campinas.