- Proyecto Arquitecto:Javier Aja
- Arquitectos:Elena Sa Marques, Beatriz Pagoaga
- Gestión De Proyectos:Patxi Sánchez
- Estructuras:Cristina Hernando, Miguel Á. Corcuera, Mª del Mar Mayo
- Comodidades:Álvaro Gutiérrez-Cabello
- Ingeniería Ambiental:Iñigo Aguirre
- Iluminación:Mikel Fernández de las Heras
- Ingeniería Eléctrica:Mª Eugenia Gauna
- Telecomunicaciones:Mikel Fernández
Text description provided by the architects. The BBK Sarriko Centre is a residential building that combines two different uses: retirement homes and social flats for young people. The design had to be flexible and able to accommodate changes throughout the life of the building, since the client wants accommodation for young people to be the predominant use of the building in the future.
The building faces the new Sarriko Square and completes the regeneration of this area initiated by the music conservatory. It is conceived as a single block with different heights and with a smaller massing than the building previously occuping the plot.
In line with their environmental awareness, BBK wanted the building to be certified following the strict LEED system. Recycled materials have been used both in the main frame and in the interior finishes. Moreover, the building has high efficiency lighting, heating and cooling systems. It incorporates solar thermal panels and it also has water saving systems. The interior finishes are free of volatile organic compound materials and the wood entirely comes from sustainable sources.