We are headed to the windy city of Chicago for this weeks Architecture City Guide series. Jam packed with architecture from Frank Lloyd Wright and Mies van der Rohe, here are our 12 recommendations if you are visiting Chicago. Head to the comment section and share your recommendations for additional buildings to include on our list!
The Architecture City Guide: Chicago list and corresponding map after the break!
- Marina City / Bertrand Goldberg
- Aqua Tower / Studio Gang Architects
- University of Chicago – South Campus Chiller Plant / Murphy Jahn
- John Hancock Center / SOM
- Unity Temple / Frank Lloyd Wright
- Willis Tower (Sears Tower) / Skidmore, Owings, & Merrill
- Frederick C. Robie House / Frank Lloyd Wright
- IIT Master Plan and Buildings / Mies van der Rohe, MTCC / OMA, State Street Village Dorm / Murphy Jahn
- 860-880 Lake Shore Drive / Mies van der Rohe and Restoration / Kruek & Sexton Architects
- Modern Wing at the Art Institute of Chicago / Renzo Piano, Millenium Park Jay Pritzker Pavilion / Frank Gehry, Crown Fountain / Jaume Plensa
- Contemporaine / Perkins + Will
- Gary Comer College Prep / John Ronan Architects
View Architecture City Guide: Chicago in a larger map