Danpal's Intelligent Daylighting System CONTROLITE® features a translucent glazing panel with integrated, rotating louvers that adjust their position throughout the day to optimize daylight transmission levels. This advanced system enables complete control of the desired indoor light intensity.
- Provides optimal comfort in changing daylight conditions
- Offers skylighting surfaces in larger areas
- Withstands weather and temperature extremes
- Sustainable design, saves energy, reduces heating/cooling costs
- Maximizes Daylight in Winter, Blocks Solar Heat in Summer: Controlite® delivers optimal comfort by controlling daylight transmission and solar heat gain. Its panels enable larger skylights in commercial and public buildings, optimizing light and heat – whatever the season.
- Increases Comfort Through “Optimized” Daylight: The Controlite® system adapts to changing light conditions throughout the day for effective control of indoor light, shade and solar heat gain.
- Reduces Energy Consumption: The Controlite® system significantly reduces energy use from air-conditioning, heating, and artificial lighting.
- Integrates Sustainable Design: Controlite® panels integrate into energy-efficient building design, allowing designers to earn credit points with green building rating systems.
HOW IT WORKS
An external sensor detects the direction of the sun and internal sensors register the level of light inside the building. The intelligent system then balances light levels, heat gain and shading to transmit appropriately filtered light, ensuring a comfortable indoor environment.
Traditional glazing surfaces reflect the low angle light in the morning, afternoon, and winter. They also introduce too much solar radiation at noon, when the angle of incidence is high. The Controlite® panel optimizes sunlight by adjusting the position of the louvers to suit the angle of the sun’s rays if necessary.
- Low angle of incidence (morning, afternoon, winter): The Controlite® system sets the position of the louvers to transmit the maximum amount of daylight.
- High angle of incidence (noon): The opaque face of the louvers reflect solar radiation to achieve the perfect balance of light and comfort, reducing heat gain and saving energy costs.
- Danpalon® Glazing Materials
- Danpalon® Finishes
Controlite® delivers a variable shading coefficient by changing its solar transmission properties to give architects and designers unlimited flexibility in the design of daylighting solutions.