UseHigh traffic areas
CharacteristicsDurable, VOC free, fast installation, pre-finished panel, antimicrobial
ColorsClear, white, black, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple
When a tough surface is required for high volume wear and tear areas, powder-coated DesignerPly from ForestOne is an ideal solution. The coating is UV cured onto the panel, imbuing extra durability.
The VOC free process allows us to provide a pre-finished panel reducing on-site installation time. Antimicrobial finishes are available upon request.
Formulated Powder Coated Options:
- Intense Black
Powder coating info
- Single Sided means coated on the face and edges with a light final sand to the face but not coated at all on the reverse side of a panel. NB some overspray on the reverse may occur.
- Double Sided Standard means coated on the face, back and edges with a light final sand to the face ONLY – the back of the panel is coated but does not have the final light sand.
- Double Sided Premium means coated on the face, back and edges with a light final sand to the face AND back.
- DesignerPly panels that are pre-finished with powder coating requiring to be cut on site can have a normal water based clear sealer rubbed onto the edges for finishing.
- Antimicrobial finishes are available upon request.
- Powder coated and cut to size panels are possible. Talk to our team for more information.
- Note that B and C Grade back of sheets will have characteristics or repairs that could be in fact highlighted with powder coating. If a clear finish is required for applications where both sides of the panels are visible we recommend the use of either Marine Ply (A face and A Back) or having two half thickness sheets laminated together back to back to provide two x A faces – ie 2 x 12mm sheets pressed together to make a 24mm thick finished panel with two good sides.
- Because of natural variability with plywood it is required that all sheets be inspected prior to installation.