MetalTech presents Cor-ten Steel, this product oxidizes naturally over time, giving it an orange-brown color and a rough and granular texture. It has a very high tensile strength, and in spite of its rusted appearance it is actually more resistant to damaging corrosion than standard forms of carbon steel. Cor-ten is an alloy that through the chemical interaction of weather and steel, prevents rust from penetrating the surface and creating rust holes. The rust actually forms a shield over the steel and as a result, this material is highly resistant to exposure-related corrosion once the initial oxidation process reaches saturation levels.
Weathering steel has become extremely popular in architectural applications for both residential and commercial projects. It’s used for both siding and roofing materials in corrugated, standing seam and plate cladding systems.
Features + Benefits
- Resists staining, rusting, and pitting
- Strength to weight advantage. Tensile strengths of 75,000 to 125,000 psi allow the use of lighter gauges, resulting in cost savings.
- Heat and corrosion resistant
- Long-term value
- Ease of fabrication, can be cut, welded, formed, machined, and fabricated readily.
- Unlimited design possibilities
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly
- 100% recyclable
- Available in coils and flat sheets.
- Double Lock Standing
- Seam Panels.
- Flat Lock Tiles.
- Pre-formed roof panels.
Specifications - A606-04 Type 4 Cor-ten Steel
|Gauge ||22 (other gauges available upon request) |
|Finished Panel Dimensions, Flat: ||48.00” (121.90cm) x 10’ (3.05m) |
|Master Coil Dimensions: ||48.00” (121.90cm) x 10’ (3.05m) |
|Roofing Coil Dimensions: ||24.00” (61cm) x 10’ (3.05m) |