UseExterior fenestration systems
Applications19th/20th-century renovation, residential, commercial, institutional
CharacteristicsCorrosion resistant, welder friendly, suitable for large glazing, custom profiles, thermal barrier option
OTTOSTUMM supplies components for steel fenestration systems. CPX stands for the option to design custom profiles with or without a thermal barrier in steel and stainless steel. Tailor-made profiles give architects and specialized window fabricators the possibility to follow their own ideas on window design.
Thickness, width as well as the contour of the outer flanges can be defined freely. The web consists of highly insulating polyamide combined with a mechanically fixed steel adapter (CPX TB). If there is no requirement for a thermal barrier, steel can be used instead of polyamide (CPX). Sophisticated laser lines connect the outer flanges to the web. Customized CPX and CPX TB profiles open up an infinite number of solutions.
- Steel or stainless steel flanges with sharp corners
- Customized design
- Self-adhesive non-shrinking gaskets
- Accommodates double and triple glazing
- Thermal barrier in polyamide PA 6.6 or solid steel
- Compatible with different glazing beads
- Compatibility with existing fittings
- Fixed glazing, single-sash and double-sash, side-hung and bottom-hung windows opening inwards and outwards, top-hung, vertical and horizontal pivoting windows, window and doors opening inwards and outwards
The steel billets, rods and strips, from which OTTOSTUMM steel window profiles are formed, are smelted from almost 100% recycled steel scrap. At the end of their life, steel windows can be systematically dismantled and the frames, fittings, and the glass recycled.