UseExterior fenestration systems
Applications19th/20th-century renovation, residential, commercial, institutional
CharacteristicsCold-formed steel profiles, thermal barrier
CertificationRecognized by Green Guide
OTTOSTUMM supplies components for steel fenestration systems. With the FerroFinestra thermal barrier system, W50 TB, OTTOSTUMM continues window heritage in its most authentic form, proposing the same forms, proportions and overlapping effects of original 20th Century hot-rolled steel window profiles, refined by cold-rolling technology.
FerroFinestra W50 TB has the same elegant design of FerroFinestra W40, but with thermal barrier.
The innovative high-density polyurethane isolator used as a thermal barrier, together with the possibility of housing low emissivity glass up to 37 mm, allow the steel window to fully respond to current regulations and comfort requirements, also in harsher weather conditions, where windows made from solid steel profiles may not be sufficient. The range is completed by a wide range of exclusive fittings in several finishes, reproduced from original modern designs. Any kind of inward or outward openings are can be specified.
- Precision cold formed steel profiles of 1,5 mm thickness
- Profiles have identical sightlines and proportions of FerroFinestra W40
- Classic “stepped leg” design
- Mechanically fixed rebate gaskets
- Accommodates double and triple glazing up to 37 mm
- High-density cast in polyurethane isolator
- Choice of different glazing beads
- Compatible with 16 mm friction hinges
- Fixed glazing, single-sash and double-sash, side-hung and bottom-hung windows opening inwards and outwards, top-hung, vertical and horizontal pivoting windows, window and doors opening inwards and outwards
The steel billets, rods and strips, from which steel window profiles are formed, is smelted from almost 100% recycled steel scrap. At the end of their life, OTTOSTUMM steel windows can be systematically dismantled and the frames, fittings, and glass recycled.