OTTOSTUMM supplies components for steel fenestration systems. in the first half of the 20th century, solid T-shaped mullions and transoms were common solutions to manufacture curtain walls in commercial buildings or to support the long runs of clerestory windows in factories. T42 TB is a thermally enhanced system inspired by those classical solutions available in steel, cor-ten steel, and stainless steel.
Unlike conventional façade profiles, the T-shaped mullions integrate the thermal barrier directly into the profile achieving a very high thermal insulation with a sightline of only 42mm. The system follows the concept of partitioning systems and doesn't require special glass fixings components as in conventional façades. The T shape aesthetics makes it ideal for restoration as well as for new cutting-edge architecture.
- Steel, Cor-Ten and stainless steel
- Laser welded profiles with integrated thermal barrier
- External flange 6 mm thickness
- System with external perimetral sealing
- Accommodates double and triple glazing
- Thermal barrier in polyamide PA 6.6
- Choice of different angular glazing beads
- Profile depth of 80, 100, 120, 140 mm
- Web thickness 10 mm
The steel billets, rods and strips, from which OTTOSTUMM steel window profiles are formed, are smelted from almost 100% recycled steel scrap. At the end of their life, steel windows can be systematically dismantled and the frames, fittings, and glass recycled.