UseInterior/exterior fenestration systems
Applications19th/20th-century renovation, residential, commercial, institutional
CharacteristicsThermal barrier, cold-formed, high moments of inertia, insulated, concealed sliding mechanism, suitable for large frame dimensions and heavy weights
CertificationRecognized by Green Guide
OTTOSTUMM supplies components for steel fenestration systems. OTTOSTUMM’s thermal barrier sliding door systems are suited for larger frame dimensions and weights, which are outside the ordinary. The profiles are available in steel, cor-ten steel, and marine-grade stainless steel AISI 316L.
The code “MLS72 TB” stands for an extensive family of thermal barrier lift and slide door solutions. The profiles are cold-formed with 2mm thick steel making them ideal for large glazing with weights up to 600 kg. The 72 mm profile depth is a balance between design and security. The extremely strong framing material accommodates security glass up to 50 mm and can be automated.
- 2 mm tubular profile with extremely high moments of inertia
- Aesthetic cover cap with insulating material
- Thermal barrier in polyamide PA 6.6
- Insulated front strike
- Mechanically fixed rebate gaskets
- Profiles available in steel, galvanized steel, cor-ten, and stainless steel AISI 316L
- Water drainage
- Profiles accommodate high-performance glazing
- Wide range of square and angular glazing beads
- Fittings with a concealed sliding mechanism
- Manual opening up to 400 Kg and automated up to 600 Kg, single and multiple sliding, pocket solution
The steel billets, rods and strips, from which OTTOSTUMM steel window profiles are formed, are smelted from almost 100% recycled steel scrap. At the end of their life, steel windows can be systematically dismantled and the frames, fittings, and glass recycled.