UseCeiling panel installation
CharacteristicsEasy installation, few components, removable, hidden fasteners, interchangeable clips, installation and removal tools supplied
This how-to describes using Fastmount parts to mount a ceiling panel, in this case, a Birch Select by Plytech 12mm panel to a Rondo® Metal Batten. This ensures access to wiring and plumbing behind the Fastmount standard range mounted to Rondo rails.
Birch Select by Plytech 12mm panel
Rondo® Metal Batten
- Having marked clip spacings with FM TD-12 Guide, drill out holes for rivets in Rondo rail to suit a 4.4 blind rivet
- Using the rivet gun, rivet PC-SF1 to the Rondo rail
- Insert CT-01ST centerpoints into all PC-SF1 clips
- With a second person sustaining the other end of the panel, align the panel into position and press firmly to mark clip positions.
- Remove all centerpoints from PC-SF1 clips
- Take the panel to a bench and use CT-09 and CT-09DG to drill put point marks on the back of the panel
- Use CT-10 to install PC-M2H male clips into the panel
- With a second person, offer the panel up to the frame, aligning male and female clips, and push into place
The Fastmount panel mounting system uses interchangeable clips. Installation and removal tools are supplied.
|Installer's tip: When using Fastmount on ceiling panels, it is recommended to use PanelSafe fittings.|