Aspen, United States
Architects: Rowland+Broughton Architecture
- Area: 8250 ft²
- Year: 2017
Manufacturers: AutoDesk, Designtex, Dornbracht, Vibia, Subzero/Wolf, Alexandre da Cunha, Aspen Upholstery, Balentine Collection, Benchcraft, Black Hound Design Company, Blackened steel, Caesarstone, Cassina, Custom Lamination, Dedar, Design Within Reach, Kehinde Wiley, Living By Design, Marilyn Minter, Materials Marketing, +6
Lead Architects: Sarah Broughton, AIA, Principal / John Rowland, AIA, Principal
More SpecsLess Specs
- Design Team: Sarah Broughton, John Rowland, Sara Upton, Will Otte, Mark Bever, Mallory Buck, Carol Cisco
- General Contractor: Schlumberger Construction
- Civil Engineer: Schmeser Gordon Meyer
- Structural Engineer: KL&A Structural Engineers
- Mep Engineer: REG
- Landscape Architect: Bluegreen
- A/V: Xssentials
- Lighting Designer: 186 Lighting Design Group, Inc.
- City: Aspen
- Country: United States
Text description provided by the architects. Set along a ridgeline with significant mountain views, Ridge House is a thoughtful blending of old and new. Sets of staggered, remnant stone walls run in a single direction, allowing light and landscape to slip past.
Oriented along a central defining spine, metal walls meet stone and evolve into glass as movement through the house progresses from public to private spaces.
Modern architecture mixed with curated details allows for a layering of history and a connection to the ranch-like character of the site.