Architects: Rowland+Broughton Architecture
- Area: 8250 ft²
- Year: 2017
- Photographs: Brent Moss
Manufacturers: AutoDesk, Designtex, Dornbracht, Vibia, Caesarstone, Cassina, Dedar, Design Within Reach, Montigo, Subzero/Wolf, e15, Accent pillows Design Tex and Hermes-Dedar fabric, Alexandre da Cunha, Aspen Upholstery, Balentine Collection, Benchcraft, Black Hound Design Company, Blackened steel, Custom Lamination, Kehinde Wiley, +7
Lead Architects: Sarah Broughton, AIA, Principal / John Rowland, AIA, Principal
- Design Team:Sarah Broughton, John Rowland, Sara Upton, Will Otte, Mark Bever, Mallory Buck, Carol Cisco
- General Contractor:Schlumberger Construction
- Civil Engineer:Schmeser Gordon Meyer
- Structural Engineer:KL&A Structural Engineers
- Mep Engineer:REG
- Landscape Architect:Bluegreen
- Lighting Designer:186 Lighting Design Group, Inc.
- Country:United States
Text description provided by the architects. Set along a ridgeline with significant mountain views, Ridge House is a thoughtful blending of old and new. Sets of staggered, remnant stone walls run in a single direction, allowing light and landscape to slip past.
Oriented along a central defining spine, metal walls meet stone and evolve into glass as movement through the house progresses from public to private spaces.
Modern architecture mixed with curated details allows for a layering of history and a connection to the ranch-like character of the site.