- Design :Zaha Hadid, Patrik Schumacher, Christos Passas
- Zha Design Director :Christos Passas
- Competition Team :Christos Passas (Lead Designer), Paul Peyrer-Heimstaett, Alvin Huang, Daniel Baerlecken, Gemma Douglas, Saleem Al-Jalil
- Design Team (Shell And Core): :Vincent Nowak (Project Architect), Dimitris Akritopoulos, Javier Ernesto-Lebie, Paul Peyrer-Heimstaett, Sylvia Georgiadou, Phivos Skroumbelos, Marilena Sophocleous, Chiara Ferrari, Thomas Frings, Jesus Garate, Wenyuan Peng
- Base Built Supervision Team:Fabian Hecker (Team Leader), Barbara Bochnak (Team Leader), Tomasz Starczewski, Kwanphil Cho, Bruno Pereira, Dimitris Kolonis
- Project Management:Gleeds (London), Omniyat (Dubai)
- Local Architects:Arex Consultants (Dubai) BSBG (Dubai)
- Hotel And Apartment Interior Design Team 1:Reza Esmaeeli, Bozana Komljenovic (Project Leads), Laura Micalizzi, Emily Rohrer (Senior Interior Designers), Veronika Ilinskaya, Eider Fernandez Eibar, Stella Nikolakaki, Bruno Pereira, Raul Forsoni, Thomas Frings, Chrysi Fradellou, Spyridon Kaprinis, Alexandra Fischer, Hendrik Rupp, Vivian Pashiali, Sofia Papageorgiou, Carlos Luna, Christos Sazos, Kwanphil Cho, Andri Shalou, Ben Kikkawa, Melhem Sfeir, Faten el Meri, Eleni Mente (Landscape Designer)
- Hotel And Apartment Interior Design Team 2:Alessio Constantino (Project Lead), Sonia Renehan (Senior Interior Designer), Afsoon Es Haghi, Zsuzsanna Barat, Ekaterina Smirnova, Chafic Zerrouki, Nessma Al Ghoussein, Christina Christodoulidou
- Bespoke Furniture Team:Maha Kutay (Project Director), Margherita Valova, Reza Esmaeeli, Raul Forsoni, Bruno Pereira, Carine Posner, Filipa Gomes
- Structural Engineers:Whitbybird (London) BG&E (Dubai)
- Mep Engineers:Clarke Samadin (Dubai)
- Façade Engineers:Whitbybird (London) Agnes Koltay Facades (Dubai)
- Lift Consultants:Adam Scott, Roger Preston Dynamics (London), Lerch Bates (Dubai)
- Fire Engineering:Safe (London)
- Design Confidence:PMK (Dubai)
- Traffic Consultants:Cansult Limited (Dubai), Al Tourath (Dubai)
- Lighting Consultants:Tim Downey, Isometrix (London) , DPA (Dubai), Illuminate (Dubai)
- Interior Consultants:HBA (Dubai)
- Security Consultants:Control Risks (Dubai)
- Kitchen Consultants:MCTS (Dubai)
- Av Consultants:EntireTech (Dubai)
- Qs Consultants:HQS (Dubai)
- Facade Contractors:Brookfield Multiplex (London), Alu-Nasa (Dubai])
- Hotel Operator:Melia Hotels
- Country:United Arab Emirates
Text description provided by the architects. Located within Burj Khalifa district of Dubai, the Opus by Zaha Hadid Architects for Omniyat will house the first ‘ME by Melia’ hotel in the Middle East. Operated by Melia Hotels International, one of the world’s leading hoteliers with more than 350 hotels in 39 countries, ‘ME by Melia’ hotels are located in cultural capitals across the globe with their progressive, design-driven approach.
The Opus is designed as two separate towers that coalesce into a singular whole— taking the form of a cube. The cube is then ‘carved’, creating a central void that is an important volume within the building in its own right—providing views to the exterior from the centre of the building. The free-formed fluidity of this eight-storey void contrasts with the precise orthogonal geometry of the surrounding cube.
The two towers are linked by a four-storey atrium at ground level with a bridge connecting 71 metres above the ground. This three-storey, asymmetric bridge is 38 metres wide. Together with the ME Dubai, the Opus will house 12 restaurants as well as a rooftop bar and 56,000 sq. ft. of office space.
“The Opus will be aligned with Omniyat’s vision of treating each project as if it were a unique work of art,” said Mahdi Amjad, Executive Chairman and CEO of Omniyat. “The design conveys the remarkably inventive quality of ZHA’s work; expressing a sculptural sensibility that reinvents the balance between solid and void, opaque and transparent, interior and exterior.”
“You always expect to be surprised by ZHA’s designs, but the Opus for ‘ME by Melia’ Dubai goes beyond what we could ever have anticipated. We are proud to have this amazing project in our portfolio,” explained Gabriel Escarrer, Vice Chairman and CEO, Meliá Hotels International at the earlier announcement of ME Dubai to be located at the Opus.