- Partners In Charge Of Design:Bernardo Fort Brescia, Laurinda Spear
- Project Team:Anthony Lai
- Project Director:Peter Brannan
- Project Manager:Matthew McCallum
- Interior Designer:Arquitectonica
- Structural:Mott Connell Ltd
- MEP:Thomas Anderson & Partners Ltd
- General Contractor:Paul Y. Engineering Group
- Foundation Sub Contractor:Gammon
- Curtain Wall Sub:Contractor Permasteelisa Hong Kong
- Lift Sub:Contractor Schindler Lifts
- Artist, Public Art:Polo Bourieau, Man Walking East
- Façade Engineer:Mott Connell Ltd
- Quantity Surveyor:Davis Langdon & Seah
- Planning:Townland Consultants
- Model:RJ Models
- Renderer:Eric Chan
- Client:Wing Tai Property Management Pte Limited
- Owner:Winsor Properties Holdings Ltd.
- Site Area:95,940 ft2 / 8,913 m2
- Total Area:110,000 m2
- Country:Hong Kong (SAR)
Text description provided by the architects. The Landmark East Offices is a 1,184,040 SF /110,000 SM twin-tower development located in the Kwun Tong area of Hong Kong. The towers floor plates vary in size between the towers, providing maximum flexibility for leasing. Tower 1 comprises 43 office levels. The average floor plate size is 13,455 SF / 1,250 SM providing a total floor area of 484,376 SF / 45,000 SM. Tower 2 comprises 40 office levels. There are two principal floor plate sizes, 24,757 SF / 2,300 SM in the low zone and 17,222 SF / 1,600 SM in the mid and high zones, providing a total floor area of 699,654 SF / 65,000 SM.
Derived from the long narrow site, the rectilinear slab towers are formed into a dynamic composition of slim, interlocking planes, slanted at varying angles to create a sense of movement and play. The cores and floor zones are arranged to maximize harbor views. The broad south elevations combined with the intersecting volumes provide valuable office space and corner units maximizing harbor exposure at the upper levels.
The car parking and loading has been restricted to the basement and a podium structure at the base of tower 2. This allows the remainder of the site to be opened up to form a landscape plaza at grade, a unique feature for office developments in this area.
Technical, environmental, or social advancements:
The building facade consists of fully unitized aluminum framed curtain wall system. The floor to ceiling glazing utilizes the latest glazing technology. Clear double glazed units incorporating performance solar coatings allow maximum light transmission while reducing thermal transmission through the façade.
The vertical transportation has been carefully analyzed in order to maximize lifting capacity whilst maintaining floor plate efficiencies. Each tower is divided into 3 lift zones and high-speed lifts are provided. Two car park lifts are provided in each tower providing direct access to the main lift lobbies from the car park levels.