Experience the legendary Bauhaus movement on the brink of its 100th anniversary on this ten-day tour with Architectural Adventures. The Bauhaus is arguably the world's most influential school of design, revolutionizing 20th-century design, art, and architecture the world over. Founded in Weimar, Germany by Walter Gropius in 1919, the Bauhaus' activities spanned 14 years, and was relocated to Dessau and later Berlin.
Learn about the legacy and impact of this innovative and bold movement by visiting the original Bauhaus buildings and touring remarkable museum collections and exhibitions in the three iconic Bauhaus cities. For the last four days of the tour, explore Berlin's renowned historical and contemporary architecture, including several UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Museum Island and the Siemensstadt Housing Estate and see how the city continues to simultaneously honor the past while looking to the future.
Call now to book or to learn more! 1.800.293.5725
- 09/21/2018 - 09/30/2018
- Max. guests 30
- Architectural expert: G. Martin Moeller, Jr., Assoc. AIA; Architectural Curator, Writer, and Editor
- Take in the influential Bauhaus school of design in Weimar.
- Visit Walter Gropius’ Directors’ Room, a jewel of modern interior architecture that was reconstructed in 1999.
- Marvel at Bauhaus Museum Weimar, which exhibits about 250 works by teachers and students of the Bauhaus school (1919-1933), including works by Gropius, Johannes Itten, and Lyonel Feininger.
- Enjoy visiting the iconic Dessau Bauhaus, built in 1926 with hallmarks of modernist architecture: steel-frame construction, a glass curtain wall, and an asymmetrical pinwheel plan.
- Explore the small city of Gera, known for its charming Market Square and impressive town hall, but also home to a number of Bauhaus works.
- Discover the modernist enclave Waldsiedlung Zehlendorf, one of Berlin’s most impressive ensembles of classic, Bauhaus-influenced design.
- Admire the Siemensstadt Ringsiedlung, another Bauhaus settlement designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
TitleArchitectural Adventures: Bauhaus and Beyond
FromSeptember 21, 2018 09:00 AM
UntilSeptember 30, 2018 05:00 PM