The UIA (International Union of Architects) world congresses are a premier forum for professionals and future leaders in the field of architecture to exchange the best and latest practices, visions and first-hand experience. The UIA 2017 Seoul, in particular, will promote various innovative architectural techniques and technologies among member sections and global citizens. In doing so, academic programs, exhibitions, competitions, student activities, and public outreach programs will simultaneously take place.
The event will feature a variety of speakers including:
- Dominique Perrault (Dominique Perrault Architecture, designer of the Bibliotheque nationale de France)
- Billie Tsien and Tod Williams (Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architecture, designers of the American Folk Art Museum)
- David Leatherbarrow (professor, the University of Pennsylvania)
- Kengo Kuma (professor, the University of Tokyo, and designer of the main stadium for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games)
- Winy Maas (co-president, MVRDV)
- Patrik Schumacher (Architect, Principal at Zaha Hadid Architects)
Check the following links for:
- Programs at a glance.
- Scientific Programs including Keynote Speeches, Keynote Forums, and Parallel Sessions (Papers, Design Works, Special Sessions, UIA Seminars).
- Student and Young Architects Platform.
- Tour Programs.
- There will be special exhibitions, social events, and etc.
Download the information related to this event here.
TitleUIA 2017 Seoul World Architects Congress
FromSeptember 03, 2017 09:00 AM
UntilSeptember 10, 2017 06:00 PM
VenueCOEX Convention Center and Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP), Seoul, Republic of Korea