Tamayouz Excellence Award is delighted to invite students of Architecture / Urban / Architecture Technology / Landscape Design worldwide to register and submit their Graduation Projects. An independent international jury will review all entries and will select the winners of Tamayouz International Award 2017. Prizes include: An MSc Scholarship for 2 Years at the Polytechnic University of Milan, 2 scholarships for the Stadslab (European Urban Design Laboratory) master classes, Medals for 7 Honorable Mentions, supervisor the Year Medal, University of the Year Medallion. All the selected winners making the Top 10 list, the supervisor of the year and the university of the Year will be invited to attend our annual Tamayouz Excellence Award ceremony (Travel Expenses covered by the organisers of the Award).
Since its launch in 2012, Tamayouz Excellence Award has grown from a local award to an internationally recognized award judged by a renowned International Judging Panel, such as: Dame Zaha Hadid; the founder of Zaha Hadid Architects, Jane Duncan; President of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and Angela Brady; Past President of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
The aim of this architectural design award is to recognise the excellence in architectural design and education worldwide and showcase excellent architectural examples to promote and provoke architectural debate to share architectural experience and knowledge among young architects and academics.
This award is organised by the Iraqi Architecture Prize; Tamayouz Excellence Award.
Aims and Objectives of Tamayouz International 2016:
- Aims to recognise and reward excellence in architectural design and education.
- Showcase young talents and support academics’ efforts of advancing architectural education worldwide.
- Promote a culture of excellence at an early stage among young designers to advance the profession of architecture professionally and academically.
- Exchange architecture knowledge, ideas and thoughts by providing a platform for discussions, observation and healthy competition.
- First Prize: An MSc Scholarship for 2 Years at the University Polytechnic of Milan + Tamayouz Medal + Certificate.
- Second Prize: A Scholarship for the Stadslab Master class of your choice + Contribution towards accommodation and flight + Tamayouz Medal + Certificate.
- Third Prize: A Scholarship for the Stadslab Master class of your choice + Contribution towards accommodation and flight + Tamayouz Medal + Certificate.
- 7 X Honourable Mentions: 7 X Honourable Mentions: Tamayouz Medallion + Certificate.
- Tamayouz Supervisor of the Year: Given to the supervisor of the winning project or the supervisor with most entries supervised in the Top 10 Tamayouz Medal + Certificate.
- Tamayouz University of the Year: Given to the university of the winning project or the university with the most entries in the Top 10 Tamayouz Medallion.
Shortlisted and Longlisted entries will be Featured in online publications and social media pages.
The Ceremony: An invitation to attend the Tamayouz Award Annual Ceremony for the winners mentioned above (Flight and Accommodation costs covered by the organisers of the prize; Tamayouz Excellence Award), Every year Tamayouz International Award chooses a different city to host the ceremony, in 2016 it was held in Amman - Jordan. This year’s City will be announced later in the year.
Over the past 5 years many organizations sponsored and supported the award such as; some of our current and former sponsors: The Iraqi Business Council in Jordan, Dewan Architects and Engineers, Coventry University, The United Nations Global Compact - Iraq, Ayad Al Tuhafi Architects, Tradex Global Ltd, Eastern Holding Group, Artigiani Mondo, Malachy Walsh and Partners and Zaha Hadid Architects.
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Entries: Tamayouz International Award 2017
TypeCompetition Announcement (Student Competitions)
Registration Deadline08/08/2017 23:30
Submission Deadline15/08/2017 23:30
Price$25 / £20