Before Lumion rendering used to be really hard. Setting up and completing a render used to take days. With Lumion you can do it in hours. You can even make last minute changes before a meeting and update your renders in minutes. Anyone can sit down with Lumion and within 15 minutes learn how to create videos, images and 360 panoramas. As Scott Erdy, principal of Erdy Mc Henry puts it: "Lumion is really about the creativity of the architect being expressed in a way so other people can understand it."
Lumion visualization software – now used by 61 of the top 100 architect companies in the world – helps people feel the spaces that have been designed for them by transforming CAD models into professional images, videos, and 360-degree panoramas with minimal effort. Now, with the introduction of Lumion 7, you’ll be able to delight and amaze clients on a whole new level. Lumion 7 is available from November 1, 2016.
What’s new in Lumion 7?
The yearly software updates always bring drastic new features and have made the images and videos you create look more professional. The makers have polished the lighting, shadows, reflections and glass towards high-quality pictures and videos while never compromising on the basic idea: creating software that is easy and fast.
Recognizing that not all buildings need to be pristine or perfect, the new features of Lumion 7 remove the coldness of computer-generated imagery by seeking out edges, roughness and other properties of natural materials to make them look like they’ve been around a while.
Cover models with leaves or add weathering and transparency. Add light strips or area lighting, transform any object into thousands of leaves or add ivy to a wall, put your model on the map, all with the click of a button. Even professional visualization artists would have a hard time creating these features, which in Lumion 7 are now simple tasks.
New in Lumion 7
- Area light and line light;
- Transparency and translucency for materials;
- Weathering - Make materials look like they’ve always been there, adding a depth of authenticity that won’t go unnoticed;
- Foliage - With the unique ability to transform simple shapes into realistic foliage, customized leafy hedges can be made of any shape and size you can imagine. Add ivy (and other climbing plants) along entire surfaces like walls or statues;
- OpenStreetMap (Beta Functionality) - Create context around your design by putting your models on the map with OpenStreetMap. This functionality allows you to directly pick a location anywhere on Earth. Lumion then generates corresponding 3D maps by importing 2D data from the OpenStreetMap database;
- Share images as well as 360-degree panoramas. You can view your panoramas with VR goggles or online with MyLumion;
- Publish video directly to YouTube;
- 771 New Objects in the Lumion Content Library;
- Material Favorites. This possibility speeds up your way of working.
Lumion 7 can be purchased via Lumion.com